COMBANTRIN® treats threadworms, as well as the rare worms, roundworm and hookworm, in a single dose. If you suspect roundworm or hookworm infection, you should seek medical advice.
COMBANTRIN® Chocolate Squares is:
- Australia’s #1 selling worm treatment.*
- Australia’s most trusted worming brand by mums†
- The most recommended worming brand by mums†
How does COMBANTRIN® Chocolate Squares work?
- Pyrantel Embonate is the active ingredient in COMBANTRIN®
- Pyrantel Embonate works as a ‘neuro-muscular blocking agent’, effectively paralysing the worms inside the body
- This allows them to be passed out of the body with a bowel movement
†COMBANTRIN® market research March 2014
*Aztec Pharmacy data MAT to January 2016
Read the dosage chart below to calculate required number of squares per person. One 100mg square for every 10kg of body weight (equivalent to 10mg pyrantel per 1kg).
Take a single dose, after food.
As threadworm is highly contagious, it is important to treat ALL the family, including mum and dad.
#All human worming products will treat only adult worms present in the intestine at the time of taking the medication. They will not treat the eggs or immature worms and will not protect you or your children from contracting threadworms if they are exposed to them again. So it's advisable to check roughly 2-4 weeks after the initial dose to ensure a second dose is not required if symptoms persist/reinfestation occurs.
Dosage Chart APPROX AGE* WEIGHT RANGE No. OF SQUARES Below 1 Year Consult your doctor 1-5 years 10-25 kg 1-2 6-10 years 26-45 kg 3-4 11-13 years 45-56 kg 5 14-18 years 57-70 kg 6 Adults Over 70 kg 7 *Approx age is only a guide
Discard unused portion of opened sachets.
The appearance of this product may alter slightly with storage but this does not affect the quality or effectiveness of the product.
Active ingredient :Pyrantel Embonate equivalent to 100mg PyrantelAlso contains :Milk chocolate, milk protein, lactose, sucrose, soy. May contain traces of nutsFree of :Gluten and artificial colours
- Keep out of reach of children
Do not use if:
- Foil sachet is torn or damaged
- You have acute liver disease
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- Are pregnant
- Wish to treat a child under 1 year of age
Side effects are unusual, however some people may experience nausea and very rarely, vomiting. This is usually short term and no treatment is required.
Where to buy
COMBANTRIN® is available in-store and online in many leading pharmacies.